Pharmacy Technician (CLOSED DOOR PHARMACY)
Custom Health is looking for a Pharmacy Technician to join our team in our CLOSED DOOR LA Pharmacy office. The Pharmacy Technician will perform functions related to the pharmacy. This role requires professional judgment and extensive technical training.
The ideal candidate should be able to answer pharmaceutical questions and display exceptional customer service skills. They must display compassion and understanding, attention to detail, and excellent administrative skills.
- Prepare prescriptions – Prepare medication as prescribed by physicians under the guidance of the acting Pharmacist. Under the direction of Pharmacists, remove unneeded or outdated drugs from stock and prepare for return or disposal. Order, receive, and maintain the inventory to maintain tight security.
- The Pharmacy Technician assists registered pharmacists with support activities and processes required to dispense medical prescriptions, coordinate and deliver prescriptions and devices to patient homes, and conduct patient outreach services for pharmacy programs.
- Collects, inputs, and verifies prescription, refill, and patient information.
- Receives and stocks incoming supplies
- Prepare labels and routinely prepacked labels
- Contact prospective patients and coordinate the onboarding process for pharmacy programs
- Delivers, installs and trains patients on how to use Spencer devices
- Provide administrative support - Maintain a clean and organized environment, including the pharmacy stock and supply area. Document orders, prescriptions, purchase orders, stock, and disbursements into the computer system. Generate orders for drugs and supplies with guidance from the Pharmacist.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 - 3 years experience as a pharmacy technician
- Certification (CPhT), licensure, and/or registration as required by State
- Valid Drivers license
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Successful completion of a pharmacy technician training course and state licensing, as required
- National certification preferred but not required
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life Insurance
- LTD & AD&D Insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday - depending on an agreed-upon schedule
- Weekend availability
*Please note that the hourly rate offered may be higher based on experience level.
Stop the guesswork. Guessing is fun. But not when it comes to medication.
Custom Health is a tech-enabled health services company. We connect people with community pharmacists to manage drug complexity and maximize health benefits through personalized medication delivery, virtual monitoring, and proactive care. Our fully automated, high-volume central-fill pharmacy hubs, proprietary health platform, and medication adherence network power a robust, scalable solution to chronic condition management that leads to better patient outcomes and total cost of care reduction.
Together, we can support everyone to be successful in their roles. We know that supporting our employees means our customers, patients, and their families get the information and services they need to be successful.
Want to learn more about what we do? Watch this video. https://youtu.be/u8pcZN6kiJ0
Sound interesting? Ready to have some fun? Then apply today.